Electronic Data Interchange
The objective is to establish an end-to-end managed EDI service solution and manage both inbound and outbound EDI transactions, through a standard EDI platform.
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) is the computer-to-computer exchange of routine business data in asynchronous form between trading partners in well-defined global standard data formats.
Benefits of EDI
- Speed – Data can move directly from one computer to another with little to no delay
- Accuracy – Errors are reduced because data is not being re-keyed
- Simplicity – EDI standards specify how data will be formatted and where it can found
- Security – EDI can be accessed only by authorized users and is accompanied by audit trails and archiving of data
These four benefits produce the following results:
- Faster buy-sell cycle time
- Quicker cash flow
- Reduced order lead time and inventories
- Ability to conduct just-in-time manufacturing
- Improved trading partner relationships
The EDI integration solution will be developed using standard EDI Generator, EDI Translator and EDI Analyser tools.
METAPLORE will perform both inbound and outbound EDI transactions with various technology platforms