You Provide To Us. There are portions of this Website where We may need to collect personal information from You for a specific purpose. For e.g. You can register, apply for partner services, seek out enabler connects. In the course of these various offerings, We often seek to collect from You various forms of information, such as: name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number and business details. At some instances, You may also be able to submit Information about your business plan. For example, You might submit answers specific to your business / idea for an innovation challenge or hunt posted on the portal.
Information That is Automatically Collected. In general, You can visit this Website without telling Us who You are or revealing any information about Yourself. We, and Our third party service providers or other partners (collectively ‘Partners’) may use automated means to collect various types of Information about You, Your computer or other device used to access Our Website. A representative, non-exhaustive list of the types of automatically collected information may include: network or Internet protocol address and type of browser You are using (e.g., Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system You are using, (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS), mobile network, device identifiers, device settings, browser settings, the web pages of the Website You have visited, Website visited before and after You visited our Website, the type of handheld or mobile device used to view the Website (e.g., iOS, Android), location information, and the content and advertisements You have accessed, seen, forwarded and/or clicked on. Please see our Section titled Cookies, for more information about how the foregoing Information may be collected and used.
EU DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS:
If you are a resident in the EU, you may have certain rights in relation to the Customer Data we hold about you, which we detail below. Some of these only apply in certain circumstances where (MSPL) is holding authority of the data and legally/contractually allowed as per the local laws as set out in more detail below. We also set out how to exercise those rights.
These rights include:
- The right of access
- The right of data portability
- The right of rectification
- The right of erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to object
- You believe that it is no longer necessary for us to hold the Customer Data we hold about you
- We are processing the Customer Data we hold about you on the basis of your consent you wish to withdraw your consent and there is no other ground under which we can process the Customer Data
- We are processing the Customer Data we hold about you on the basis of our legitimate interest and you object to such processing. Please provide us with detail as to your reasoning so that we can assess whether there is an overriding interest for us to retain such Customer Data
- You no longer wish us to use the Customer Data we hold about you in order to send you promotions, special offers, marketing, and lucky draws or
- You believe the Customer Data we hold about you is being unlawfully processed by us.
E. Restriction of Processing to Storage Only
You have a right to require us to stop processing the Customer Data we hold about you other than for storage purposes in certain circumstances. Please note, however, that if we stop processing the Customer Data, we may use it again if there are valid grounds under data protection law for us to do so (e.g. for the defence of legal claims or for another’s protection).
You may request we stop processing and just store the Customer Data we hold about you where
- You believe the Customer Data is not accurate, for the period it takes for us to verify whether the Customer Data is accurate
- We wish to erase the Customer Data as the processing we are doing is unlawful but you want us to just store it instead
- We wish to erase the Customer Data as it is no longer necessary for our purposes but you require it to be stored for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims; or
- You have objected to us processing Customer Data we hold about you on the basis of our legitimate interest and you wish us to stop processing the Customer Data whilst we determine whether there is an overriding interest in us retaining such Customer Data.
At any time, you have the right to object to our processing of Customer Data about you in order to send you promotions, special offers, and marketing messages, including where we build profiles for such purposes and we will stop processing the Customer Data for that purpose.
You also have the right to object to our processing of Customer Data about you and we will consider your request in other circumstances as detailed below by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org referencing: Data Subject Rights.
You may object to where we are processing the Customer Data we hold about you (including where the processing is profiling) on the basis of our legitimate interest and you object to such processing.
Please provide us with detail as to your reasoning so that we can assess whether there is a compelling overriding interest in us continuing to process such data or if we need to process it in relation to legal claims. Also, note that you may exercise your right to request that we stop processing the Customer Data whilst we make the assessment on an overriding interest. Please refer to the para with the heading “Restriction of Processing to Storage Only” under Section 7.
What information do we collect about you?
How will we use the information about you?
Who do we share your information with?
Where do we process your information?
How long do we keep hold of your information?
MSPL will retain Customer Data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, and for satisfying any legal, business, accounting or reporting requirements or as required by relevant laws. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. For European Union (“EU”) residents, we will endeavour to delete data within thirty (30) days of a request for erasure or contact you if it will take longer.